A Great Experience!
This was an awesome learning experience thanks in large part to our proefessor Dr. Stubbs. To arrive at an exciting solution for dental x-rayse, we followed the FDA waterfall to observe and interview doctors, prototype a product, and evaluate doctor’s satisfaction. Our design literally flips the problem by having an intraoral source and an extraoral sensor; this allows for a more comfortable patient experience and better pictures for diagnosis. Some of the largest tasks I owned while working on the project were:
- Initial interviews with shaddowing dentists and technicicians
- Creating a requirements workbook
- Running Monte Carlo radiation simulations with EGSnrc
- Material selection to comply with standards for hot & cold sterilization
- Compiling work from the group for presentations
For more info on the project look at the links below:
Big thanks to my team: Katherine Genty, Kalyn Druhot, & Mike Kowalski.